Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Grandson's and thrifty fixer upper


A few weeks ago a couple of grandson's came, spent the day with me and we celebrated their birthdays. It was also the weekend Ike made his way into Texas so it was a damp celebration. We began the morning at McDonald's and then made a quick stop by the local thrift store.
The boys just had to have this tic-tac-toe toss game, but for 99 cents it was missing it's bean bags..... Mamaw to the rescue! Sunday night I whipped up these little bags and their Papaw and I had to try the game out. I guess the "cat" got it as some of our tosses didn't even hit the game! Hopefully the kids will get a dollar's worth of fun out of it.

I just wish I had come out as well after lunch at Gaitti town. Both boys wolfed down their pizza and took off to spend their loaded game cards.

They had a great time and I enjoyed sitting back and watching. It was almost 4 o'clock when we got ready to leave and they were "HUNGRY". So we did an about face from the exit and I sent them back through the food line for an early dinner. This is what they came back with....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to come spend the weekend with Mamaw!!!