Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend Part 1

On the way home Friday evening I paid a visit to the fore mentioned (previous blog) yard sale. After some digging I found several worthy items. All items were either one dollar, fifty cents or twenty-five cents!! Of course all of my items were $1, but looky, looky what a deals I got!!

The lady said I should paint it but I think it looks pretty good in it's weathered state....stay tuned as I have an idea in mind for it.

And then there was this little pretty. Suppose to be a plant stand but I'm thinking of using it for a bedside table in the "guest" room. After I get it all together I'll post that too.

Beside these, I got another corner plant stand for $1 and two pieces of vintage tupperware. I was already in my car with it started when the lady ran out to me and had this lovely box (all for $1). There are 3 metal shabby type nested baskets. Never used right out of the water stained and dirty box. Still wrapped in bubble wrap.


Then about 7 our babysitting client came and we had a great time with him. He has got to be one of the most pleasant babies I ever seen. So sweet and easy going.
Some of hubbies cousins (once or twice removed?) came by for a little while and I drug out the Lincoln Logs and at one point all the adults but me were involved in building.
Stay tune for Part 2 which will be the results of the rest of the weekend in the green room...

2 comments:

Jaybird said...

I'm guessing the top thing will hold the bowling ball that you are turning into a 'gazing ball'.

Michele said...

Man, sorry I missed that garage sale! Sometimes I wish we lived closer together... who would have thought that I would ever say that about the big sister that would dig her fingernails into my arm!